Why MUSE Educational Consulting?
We work with a wide range of clients and settings: museums, preK-12 schools, post-secondary institutions, fitness centers, community collaborations, and clinical sites. We have experience partnering with agile strategic planning experts, and we can function as purely external evaluators or as embedded evaluators...or somewhere between. We have served on review panels for NASA and NSF and have worked extensively with these and IMLS. We have also worked with other federal agencies and private funders, and we have a clear vision of the kind of work that is currently important in various fields. We bring expertise in both quantitative and qualitative (and of course mixed methods) approaches.
Our rates are exactly at the mean and mode for United States-based independent evaluators for the experience and levels of education that we bring to our work. However, we do not bill for travel time, routine contact with clients, evaluation plan creation, or overhead, which is essentially a 20-35% discount for our clients, depending on the project.
We only take projects that we are excited about. These include:
- Bringing traditional "non-visitors," "non-participants," or otherwise underrepresented groups into institutions, programs, or projects and helping ensure that they are served fully, effectively, and in ways that empower all participants.
- Work within Free Choice Learning Environments (museums, etc.)
- Teacher Preparation/Education
- Culturally rich settings (or settings in which cultural enrichment is desired)
- Projects in postsecondary or other settings that increase access for traditionally underserved populations
We prefer to be included in the project planning from the very beginning to ensure that your goals, outcomes, and budget are realistic and balanced. When we promise we will do a project for a quoted price, we stick to that price unless we jointly (your organization and ours) re-negotiate an increase or decrease in scope. We make every effort to be complete in our budgeting so that you have no surprises on your invoices and know exactly how much everything will cost up front.
Our President and Lead Consultant is very active within the American Evaluation Association and keeps our consultants aware of and, when appropriate, trained in the best approaches within the field.
Interested in learning more?
2019 Professional Service Update
MUSE's President and Lead Consultant, Dr. Melissa Mercer-Tachick, is currently elected to the following leadership positions within the American Evaluation Association:
- Program Chair, Assessment in Higher Education Topical Interest Group
- Chair Elect, Independent Consulting Topical Interest Group